Wednesday 5 January 2011

Surfboard 1 - The Ugly Fish!

 I first decided to have a go at shaping a board because I wanted to try something other than my longboard. I couldn't afford to buy a new surfboard and after looking into it I decided it couldn't be too difficult to make one and it had to be cheaper than buying one from a shop.  In retrospect I think I was wrong on both counts.  This board was built in the loft of my house as I didn't have anywhere else to do it at the time.  Anyway this was it...

I decided to go with a fish so that I'd have plenty of opportunity to make mistakes!





Decided to go with a twin fin and to make my own fins to save a bit more cash.
The name and logo I used for this board was different to future boards. 


I only really put a logo on it to see how difficult it would be... and maybe a little idea of having my own surfboard shaping business?

No comments:

Post a Comment